Sunday, 23 November 2008

Nathan, Oil on paper, 400 x 305 mm

I've made some progress with this portrait. I made some adjustments to the drawing before I started with the colour because I know it's impossible to alter it later. I repositioned his left eye and reworked the jaw line. I'm happy with the likeness now. I'm keeping to a simple palette of yellow ochre, vermillion and burnt umber with flake white and black for the tee shirt. The apparent tear at the top is just that, a tear. I'm working on paper and tore it as I removed it from the board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good, Nick. I like the colours you are using here. Oh what frustration you must feel at the paper tearing - just had one of my paintings spoilt in a similar way. Hope yours can be fixed.